Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Addiction

I'm officially addicted to my website. I am constantly wanting to update it and add new things! I most recently changed the youtube videos to suit my players needs... ankle sprains... I love the connection it brings between my players, their parents, and myself. As a kid, any piece of paper that I was told to take home, rarely made it home. Having our practice schedule (now that it finally works..still learning!), tournament draws, and results online makes it easier for parents to be in the 'know.' I also included a poll for player input regarding what we do in practice. It opens up the lines of communication and creates stronger team bonds.

I feel like I have so many more creative outlets to draw from when planning lessons now! So many more resources, which lead to more (engaging) ideas for the classroom. In my first student teaching placement, I had no idea how to navigate the internet other than *googling* things. Incorporating some of these tools into biology presentations (vs. power points or posters) can give kids something to play with and have fun making their presentations. I have come up with many real world applications (not relevant to school, coaching, or class) where I can use these new found tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment