Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Back in computer class

It's been 9 years since I've been in a computer class and the only tools that I have really stumbled upon since then are social media sites... and I can't even navigate those very well. The rate of technology development is astounding. It almost seems pointless to learn about a new piece of technology full-well knowing that a brand new substitute will be on the market in 6 months. However, it is time for me to put my stubborn nature aside and get back into an open frame of mind and learn things that I have no idea how to do.

Even in the first week of classes, I feel that I've learned more new technological tools than I have in the past 6 years. I thought that the word splash was super easy to use and a great way to make visual appealing vocabulary list (which, in my experience with science courses, usually take somewhat dull concepts and display them in an even more boring manner). I think the wallwisher site is an amazing tool that could be used  for brainstorming in class; especially, with more timid students.

I'm excited to extend my ICT knowledge past Microsoft Office, Paint, Minesweeper and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment