Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

Pod-Cast! Baby, Pod-Cast! Pod-Cast Babbbyyyy

So it turns out I have actually seen one of the episode of my chosen podcast- and I've been talking about in my blog and in my comments. I used iTunes and found a podcast that peaked my interest right away, BrainCraft from ScienceAlert Podcasts. As soon as I looked at the list of episode titles, I knew it was for me.


As I am an obsessed coach, I looked at the first podcast in the list regarding Brain Training and Sports Performance. I would like to somehow link it to my basketball coaching website, because I already have a large written section about The Science Behind Repetition and Visualization. The podcast describes the exact same function of using visualization for the purposes of sport performance, but in a much more visually appealing and easy-to-understand way.

Anyone know if/the best way that I can link a podcast episode to my personal webpage?

The episode I had seen before (I don't remember where, ironically enough,) was the #6 Is Technology Killing Your Memory? The episode addresses the notion that our memories are functioning to recall where to find information (based on efficiency) rather than memorizing the actual information itself. The easiest example is phone numbers. I used to have multiple phone numbers memorized as a kid, many of which I still remember, but, now, I don't even know my sister's new cell phone number. Or my dad's. Why would I? I don't have to. It is more efficient to find them in my contacts.


I also found The Upside of Social Media Narcissism really interesting. It addresses the issues of increasing levels of narcissism in the Y Generation and how it can be corrosive to society. However, it moves on to bring up such points as an increased self-awareness and increased self-esteem among the generation as well. It would appear to be that the right amount of narcissism is necessary for confidence. It's an  interesting watch that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment