Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Tweeting

I'm still making up my mind about Twitter, which is another social media device that I use (barely) solely on my phone. This has made it a little bit tougher, because I decided to create a separate account for my teaching self. I have a strange sense of humor and would like the freedom to express my offbeat qualities without having it diminish my professional rapport. Especially, when I'm following people that I have never met. They might take some of what I have posted out of context. 

The use of professional account is fairly minimal as of yet- due to the fact that I have no PC Twitter habits. Basically, I forget my password every time I go to the site. I want to use it more frequently though; better yet, I need to.  I get myself in funks where I do nothing to professionally develop for some relatively arbitrary length of time and then I will go nuts and learn all these new things that spawn new classroom ideas. I've done it. I know it's beneficial. Now, it is just a matter of keep up with it. 

I'm following a number of great people in the education field (anyone form Bill Nye to recent Ed grade, Kristen Thompson). I know there is valuable information just waiting for me to uncover. 

The only activity that I have had on my account is the posting of an article, Is Teacher Education the Real Problem? The article questions the preparation of teachers for the field and also addresses other issues that have a negative impact over student learning: Lack of parental involvement, overcrowding, and SCREEN CULTURE, i.e. technology. I added the link, so in case you missed my one twitter post you can still check it out! Is Teacher Education the Real Problem?

2 comments:

  1. Anyone know how to get rid of text background color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Kate - of course remember this is US based - not to say we can't improve here too :-)

    ReplyDelete